Healthcare Aptitude Test
Trying to improve HCAHPS scores at your hospital?
Or just tired of employees not having the right attitude?
If so, our Healthcare Service Aptitude Profile can help. This pre-employment test aligns to the metrics of the HCAHPS patient satisfaction survey. It was developed to measure individual's desire and ability to provide excellent patient service and it will measure competencies found to be important across clinical, healthcare technical and healthcare support roles. So if your applicants perform well on this profile, then they will likely help you maintain (or improve) your HCAHPS score.
The Healthcare Aptitude Test covers these topics:
- Demonstrating Respect: an individual's tendencies and approach to dealing with others, focusing on their words and actions.
- Interpersonal Communication: an individual's ability to effectively listen and speak to other's in a work setting.
- Quality Orientation: an individual's ability to deliver high quality work.
- Service Orientation: an individual's ability to develop an understanding of other's needs and deliver effective service based on that understanding.
- Patient Centricity: an individual's ability to develop rapport, focus on patient/customer needs, and provide thorough and accurate information to patients before, during, and after treatment.
There is a separate version for both Clinical and Support staff.
The Clinical version is intended for roles such as nurses or clinical technicians.
The Support version is intended for patient and facility report roles, such as housekeeping, office, dietary and environmental positions.
To see a sample, just complete the form on the left and enter "Healthcare Aptitude" in the Hiring Challenge field.
Upon test completion, a score report is instantly emailed to you with the applicant's score. The price starts around $20 per test for low volumes. The test can be taken from virtually any web connected computer. To see a sample or learn more, complete the form above and/or call us at 1.800.836.1901.
Here is a sample question:
Here is a partial score report: